Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/11

I watched the 10 year anniversary at Ground Zero on TV. Quite a dignified and somber service dedicating the memorial. Wish they did not squabble in the early years and completed the construction of all the towers. That would have shown the real resolve of American psyche.

It was good to see George W and Laura Bush along with the President and the First Lady. For the Bushes, it was quite an emotional stage fighting back the tears.

None of my family was lost in that tragedy 10 years ago. And yet I feel violated for so many of my country men died that day. As I watched the reading of the names and listened to the memories of loved ones lost that day, I did not hold back the tears. In the confines of my living room, I let my tears run down.

It was cathartic.

No comments:

Post a Comment